First of all I would just like to say thank you to the lovely Imogen from Imogen Chloe for nominating me for this award (you can find her post here) this isn’t the only award I was nominated for last week… but I’ll leave the other one for another post! I’m so very appreciative every time someone thinks of my blog though.
* Thank the blogger who nominated you
* Write a post to show your award
* Give a brief story of how your blog started
* Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
* Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
* Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you create – I will notify the bloggers via Twitter in case their blog comments are not available.
How my blog started
This isn’t my first blog, I’ve had a few different blogs over the years, I’ve quit blogging a few times too but somehow I always seem to find myself going back to it. So one day last year I set up WordPress and worked out what I wanted my first post back to be (of course it ended up being all about rose gold and pink – Accessorising With Rose Gold & Pink). One thing I thought from the beginning was this time I wanted my blog to look more polished and a year later for the most part I’m really pleased with the whole aesthetic of my blog. There’s still one post I cringe about the lighting but there’s always going to be one right?!
Advice for new bloggers
* Don’t feel you need to have a niche, if you’re like me and like blogging about a variety of different things, do just that. Of course if you want to stick to one subject area and blog about books for example or food or fashion then it’s totally great to do that too!
* Being involved in the blogger community can be one of the best things you can do (like joining in with Twitter chats), not only do people start being able to discover your blog more easily because hey a few more people will start to know of your blogs existence, but it’s like this whole extended family of people all with a similar interest of blogging and it’s wonderful to be a part of.
Laura (Cornish Maid Blog)
Bexa (Hello Bexa)
Sarah (Insecure Housewife)
Harry & Katie (Nerds, Numbers and Nonsensical Natterings)
Jay (Bearded Igor Blogs)
Alice (Black Tulip Beauty)
Charlene (Charlene McElhinney)
Elaine (Changing Laines)
Lee (Bella Inspired Grace)
Kerry (Kerry, Life And Loves)
Lisa (Lisa’s Notebook)
Stacey (Simply Stacey)
Chan (Chan’s Beauty Corner)
Congrats to all my nominees!